You will find below a brief overview on some of the considerations we take into account when selecting a new market:
• Elderly population growth: This data will help us determine if a market is viable. A slow aging population growth will undermine a master franchisee's efforts in growing their territory and achieveing the success deserved.
• Population: The population will give us the potential a market has to offer in terms of number of viable franchise locations a master franchisee can sell and the expected growth from the territory being considered.
• Per capita income: 90% of our clients pay for our services directly from their personal finances. This is a key factor to determine if a market is viable. Based on our experience, most markets will have a percentage of the population who can afford us and are willing to pay for a superior service such as ours. We will use this information to work with the master franchisee to determine the best way to divide territories once they are ready to initiate the franchise sales process.
• Labor laws: Most Visiting Angels franchisees will have on average a large number of caregivers (our average in the USA is about 60 per agency). A thorough strategy for hiring is necessary to ensure the master franchisee complies with all pertinent laws related to the market in question. Your franchise success is dependent on adhering to all national and local labor laws.
• Support: Visiting Angels will not grant a master franchise until we are absolutely sure we can provide our high quality standard level of support and service.
I would be glad to answer any questions you may have so feel free to email
or call 800.365.4189