How Senior Home Care Franchise Owners Get Motivated
Running a senior home care franchise can be deeply rewarding, both personally and professionally. However, these rewards take a lot of hard work and dedication.
There will be times when you end up working 50+ or 60+ hours a week. There will be situations that will demand your immediate attention and force you to drop everything else. And there will be stretches when the day-to-day work of running your franchise can be all encompassing.
To succeed as a senior home care franchise owner, you’ll need strategies to get you through the most demanding challenges and difficult periods.
If you’re the kind of person who naturally thrives in these situations, you can count yourself lucky. But if you’re not, you’ll need strategies to motivate yourself through these stretches.
What kinds of strategies work best for senior home care franchise owners? Below are four of the most effective motivators used by Visiting Angels franchisees.
4 Motivators for Senior Home Care Franchise Owners
1. Building Smart Habits. One of the best ways to get yourself through difficult tasks is to make them second nature. A trick you might want to try is to use habit-building as a self-reinforcing motivator. Get yourself through tasks by telling yourself that you’re in the process of making them a habit, which means they’ll soon be much easier if you stick with them.
2. Caring for Oneself. When you’re starting a small business, there is always something that needs to be done. There’s a real risk of neglecting your personal well-being in favor of your business. To maintain the physical energy and mental clarity that senior home care franchise owners need, you need to take care of yourself. Make sure your schedule allows for healthy eating, regular exercise, and eight hours of sleep each night. Set appointments with yourself for self-care.
3. Setting an Example. As the owner of a senior home care franchise, you need to be a leader. Whether you have five, fifteen, or fifty caregivers on staff, your team looks to you as an example. That can be an excellent motivator for senior home care franchise owners. Given the long works hours and difficult tasks performed by professional caregivers, an unmotivated boss can be toxic for morale. That alone should give you a jolt of energy and focus.
4. Making an Impact. To succeed with a senior home care franchise, you need to be in the business for the right reasons. At Visiting Angels, our success is a testament to what happens when entrepreneurs enter the industry for the right reasons. For more than 20 years, we’ve sought franchisees who are passionate about caring for elderly adults and who are driven to make a positive impact.
In our experience, senior home care franchise owners who are motivated by compassion and making a positive impact tend to provide higher quality care. As a result, their clients are able to age more comfortable, safely, and securely.
What’s more, these franchisees tend to report higher rates of financial success. Their commitment pays off in a stronger reputation, greater client loyalty, and healthier business fundamentals. That allows them to outperform a number of senior home care franchise owners who are simply in the business for the financial benefits.
How Visiting Angels Helps You Stay Motivated
For more than 20 years, we’ve been working with senior home care franchisees helping them to build and maintain their business. As with anything in life, there are good days and bad days. When you seem to be in a rut, that’s when being part of a franchise family can be the most beneficial.
We work hard to create a community environment within the Visiting Angels franchise family. Through interaction, support, and communication, we help our franchisees to stay motivated and excited about the work they do and the business they are growing.
Just a few of the ways our franchisees are able to work together include:
- Monthly Operational Support Webinars
- Regional Business Builder Meetings
- Annual Franchisee Conference
- Best Practices Competition
These are just a few examples of how our franchisees interact. We encourage our senior home care franchise owners to share experiences, reach out to troubleshoot challenging situations, and lean on each other for support and guidance. With the right support, even the hardest days are a little easier and we all bounce back a little faster.
Learn about senior home care franchise opportunities with Visiting Angels by calling 800-365-4189 or requesting information online!